Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hospital Update

I hope everyone is having a fabulous Friday!!

Talked to Dad yesterday & this morning... He's hanging in there. Says they are holding him hostage until they get rid of the Pnuemonia... Which I think is a great thing! He has been coughing a lot, and is on breathing treatments & antibiotics. It sounds as those his blood pressure is maintaining.

The only other not-so-positive news is with regards to his esophagus - The doctor who stretched it on Tuesday, says that this is one of the worst cases he has seen... That basically Dad's esophagus keeps shrinking after each time it has been stretched. They can only stretch it once more because each time you risk a tear (which would be no bueno). And if it ends up shrinking again, then he either has to have surgery to repair it, or they would have to put in a permanent (I think) feeding tube into his stomach (no thanks!).

That's about it for now! Kate is so generously taking care of Hattie - THANK YOU KATE!

Jesse & I are off to Mammoth this weekend to ski with our friends, Erica & Matt!! :D

XOXO Hallie

1 comment:

  1. hey Hals, I hate to tell ya... it's not quite Friday yet hon :-) As for me taking care of Hatters... it's my pleasure!! Enjoy skiing, tell Jesse hi for me.

    ReplyDelete