Hellooooooooooo! I know, I know... what a bad Blogger I have been! Shame on me! :)
Dad went to the hospital for his Cardiologist & Esophagus appointments last Friday, and everything seems... well... okay. It's just a process, ya know!! His cardiologist actually said that his heart sounds good, and made a few necessary adjustments with his blood pressure medication to hopefully work on minimizing his dizziness (he didn't change medication, just lowered dosage of one). Dad said it has gotten a little better, but there is still a ways to go. On the other hand, his esophagus doctor said that he is not improving as quickly as expected, and will need to continue to visit the hospital for esophagial dialations every 2 weeks... He is now addicted to vanilla & chocolate Ensure - The high-calorie, meal replacement sort of shakes, ha!
Other than that, he has scheduled a Neurologist appointment for next week to figure out what is going on with the lack of mobility in his arm & how we can fix it. And I think he is going to see the Pulmonologist in about 3-4 weeks (Dr. Strickland, hard to get appointments)... He will be visiting Strickland because he says he is very easily winded & short of breath... Perhaps a little bit of pneumonia left in his lungs, hhhmmmmm??
He is back in his condo in Birmingham with his dog Hattie. He seems to be doing well - In and out of good spirits! He needs to stay positive!! He has definitely had some visitors... Eddie Burg, Kate Oatman... and Nuss I'm sure... Needs to be kept in check! I believe the plan is still for him to go to The Foundry, however I do agree that he may not quite be strong enough for that yet... I have been continuing to work on my checklist to keep things organized. I joined Sam's Club for $40 because they have the cheapest Ensure around only to discover that they don't deliver, don't accept payments online or over the phone, and don't even take Visa. Some great idea that was, ha! :)
XOXO Hallie
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment