Okay, Okay - I'm the worst Blogger EVER! I had so much fun with my Mama out here in California, and we both vowed to "take a break" from everything - When I dropped her off at the airport yesterday I realized that I hadn't updated Dad's Blog since the 18th... Ugh, sorry!! :)
So anyway... Dad is still in Decatur at Bop & Gingin's house (Mom's parents). He is still being taken great care of by Molly & Johnnie, but is having some of the same problems as last week... Dizziness (low blood pressure), trouble swallowing (skinny esophagus) & lack of mobility in his right arm. We have made doctor's appointments for him on Friday at St. Vincent's for the cardiologist - Who will hopefully adjust his blood pressure medication & perhaps even prescribe something different altogether (& less expensive) - He is also having another esophagial dialation, which is supposed to be done about every 2 weeks until he is back to normal.
Eddie Burg is having lunch & a tour of The Foundry with Hugh Thomas today - I'm looking forward to hearing about that. Mom & I did the same thing back in January, and found the facility totally comfortable. We are hoping to drop him off there on Friday after the doctor's appointments... Unfortunately, he can't stay in Decatur forever! :)
Sooooo... While Mom was out here we mostly just spent time visiting with each other & Jesse's family (Mom-Carol, Dad-David, Middle Brother-Tyler)... We enjoyed spa services one day (Mom-Massage, Hallie-Facial), mine thanks to my wonderful boyfriend as a birthday gift! I introduced mom to Pilates, we ate dinner at a super fun Mexican restaurant in LA, and threw a Princess Party at my house for the cute 5 year old that lives below me, Camille. Mom helped me work a Bridal Fair, which was not very fun, ha. On Monday we headed into LA to be "cheesy tourists" - Drove through Bel Air & Beverly Hills and saw some amazing houses, stopped for lunch (no shopping) on Rodeo Drive & then headed to the historical Beverly Hills Hotel where we enjoyed a glass of wine in the Polo Lounge spotting Patrick Dempsey, Rosanna Arquette & Sharon Stone!! This was the day after the Oscars... The bartender said we should have come the day before because "they" were all there! We also walked in front of the Chinese Theater (stars names on sidewalk) & Kodak Theater (where American Idol is being filmed right now)... And wrap it up on Tuesday, I took her to lunch at In N Out Burger... California's finest, ha.
XOXO Hallie
So anyway... Dad is still in Decatur at Bop & Gingin's house (Mom's parents). He is still being taken great care of by Molly & Johnnie, but is having some of the same problems as last week... Dizziness (low blood pressure), trouble swallowing (skinny esophagus) & lack of mobility in his right arm. We have made doctor's appointments for him on Friday at St. Vincent's for the cardiologist - Who will hopefully adjust his blood pressure medication & perhaps even prescribe something different altogether (& less expensive) - He is also having another esophagial dialation, which is supposed to be done about every 2 weeks until he is back to normal.
Eddie Burg is having lunch & a tour of The Foundry with Hugh Thomas today - I'm looking forward to hearing about that. Mom & I did the same thing back in January, and found the facility totally comfortable. We are hoping to drop him off there on Friday after the doctor's appointments... Unfortunately, he can't stay in Decatur forever! :)
Sooooo... While Mom was out here we mostly just spent time visiting with each other & Jesse's family (Mom-Carol, Dad-David, Middle Brother-Tyler)... We enjoyed spa services one day (Mom-Massage, Hallie-Facial), mine thanks to my wonderful boyfriend as a birthday gift! I introduced mom to Pilates, we ate dinner at a super fun Mexican restaurant in LA, and threw a Princess Party at my house for the cute 5 year old that lives below me, Camille. Mom helped me work a Bridal Fair, which was not very fun, ha. On Monday we headed into LA to be "cheesy tourists" - Drove through Bel Air & Beverly Hills and saw some amazing houses, stopped for lunch (no shopping) on Rodeo Drive & then headed to the historical Beverly Hills Hotel where we enjoyed a glass of wine in the Polo Lounge spotting Patrick Dempsey, Rosanna Arquette & Sharon Stone!! This was the day after the Oscars... The bartender said we should have come the day before because "they" were all there! We also walked in front of the Chinese Theater (stars names on sidewalk) & Kodak Theater (where American Idol is being filmed right now)... And wrap it up on Tuesday, I took her to lunch at In N Out Burger... California's finest, ha.
XOXO Hallie

No comments:
Post a Comment