Saturday, January 24, 2009

More Blood for Billy

Hellooooooooooo! Sorry for the short delay in posts, my weekends get pretty crazy out here with work...

I spoke to his nurse (Teresa, I think) this morning, and she needed my consent to give Dad some more blood... I guess his blood level is low, which could be due to a handful of different things according to the nurse: Fluid, Infection or "maybe he is bleeding somewhere and we haven't found out yet" (really nurse?! that last one sounded fabulous)... So, I said yes and they are giving him a unit of blood right now, which sounded like the only thing on their schedule for the day. This heart rate has gone down (80s/90s), but it is still "fluttering", so there are no plans of extubating him at this time. Cardiology was on their way down to check on him, so I'm going to have to call in a bit for a better update!

I can't wait to come home!! This phone/nurse thing is getting frustrating, ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment