Saturday, January 31, 2009

No Stroke!!

Pierce Cousins: Bobby - Hallie - Ryan - Miller
(Photo Courtesy of Ryan Robson)

CAT Scan - The results are back and.... He has a sinus infection!! :) YAY! I never knew I could ever be so excited about a sinus infection! I spoke to his night nurse last night (Britney) - She was very helpful - And she calmed my nerves a little bit as we awaited the CAT results... She thinks that the lack of movement in his right arm is more a muscular problem because he actually has a lot of strength in his hand (squeezing, etc). I didn't realize that or else I wouldn't have been so worried about the stroke thing! She mentioned requesting an X-Ray to see what else is going on in his shoulder, so we shall see... His Potassium & Magnesium levels have also elevated, so that's great news for his heart (for now)!
Today's nurse, Stacey, said he's doing fine (duh!)... He's a little restless, as usual. The speech therapists came by to work with him and said that his throat muscles are doing "a lot better", so hopefully he'll be able to switch back to eating & drinking (orally) again really soon... Who knows, not too much happens over the weekends it seems. Physical therapy will not be coming by today, but will be by tomorrow to work with him. She had him up in the chair again this morning, however described him as "very weak" when moving in between the bed & chair.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Love, Hals

No comments:

Post a Comment