Sunday, February 1, 2009

3 Concerns

Mom visited Dad last night & this morning (and I believe she is going back again for the afternoon hours).  Her visits haven't been too uplifting... :(  She says he is VERY disoriented... He keeps trying to get out of the bed & walk down the hallway (but is too weak, so of course they don't want him to hurt himself)... Then he doesn't really understand why they stop him.  He had to be restrained last night, finally, because it was super restless.  There was a new Hospitalist that came around - Mom said she was great!  However, they have three main concerns right now...

1.  His Disorientation - They are going to watch him closely on this...
2.  Infection - His tests are coming back showing another infection... Maybe Pneumonia again, but they aren't quite sure yet
3.  Throat Muscles - Although they are progressing, they aren't progressing very quickly, so he is STILL on IV food, which they didn't expect at this point.

I'm going to get another report from Mom after her afternoon visit, and I'll update again!  I feel like this update is a bit vague... Hopefully we'll get some answers on this stuff soon.

Happy Super Bowl Sunday!  Love, Hallie

1 comment: