Friday, February 13, 2009

Birmingham or LA?

Rockin out in honor of Dad!
Bobby - Ann - Nuss - Judy - Lynn

I haven't spoken to a nurse this morning... It's hard to get people on the phone over there!! I know yesterday he had another Esophagial Dialation because he was still struggling with his swallowing, and therefore the discharge that they were thinking of yesterday has been once again pushed back a little bit (okay by me!). His blood pressure was looking better yesterday as well, but that was before PT had been by, so I'm not sure what happened after he exerted some energy - Trying to find out!! :)

Jesse's amazing mom Carol helped me research treatment options in LA... She came across The Dream Center, which is similar to The Foundry, but just another option. It is located in downtown LA - It is free, faith-based and they do a LOT for the community. Selfishly, I would love for him to choose this option because I would be able to participate in the family program as well as visit him every week... However, if he chooses The Foundry then of course he has a little guardian angel in Hugh Thomas there! Hugh is visiting him this morning (not yesterday), so I am still looking forward to hearing about that conversation. And Hugh also told me that his fellow staff at The Foundry had great things to say about The Dream Center. I called Dad this morning & had a brief conversation with him just simply letting him know the option of LA treatment, but didn't get any type of answer from him. Of course, if he chooses neither then we have some problems...

A special thanks to Hugh Thomas, who has been incredibly hands on & supportive in figuring out aftercare plans!!


No comments:

Post a Comment