(Photo Courtesy of Ryan Robson)
Well - What to report for today... Hmmmmm...
- Dad Fell Last Night - He fell at about 12am... The night nurse (who called me at 3:30am, ahhhhh makes me so nervous) let me know that he got out of bed & fell at the end of the bed. He's totally okay according to her - They have his "bed alarms" on, which alert them if he gets out of bed, so when they rushed in there he was on the ground "on top of his legs", so it didn't seem like a dramatic fall - As if he maybe collapsed a little instead. His legs are still very weak.
- Chest X-Ray - He had a recent chest x-ray that looked the same as the one prior, which means his lungs have not been improving very much lately. He's obviously still breathing on his own, but we need them to heal a bit better... :(
- Throat - When I called this morning they were in the middle of shaving him & starting another throat treatment... Hopefully that goes well today & they can perform another Barium Swallow Test in the near future and get him eating/drinking again soon.
I think that's all I have for now... I'm VERY anxious to see him this weekend in person, and hopefully give him a little "attitude adjustment" (ahem, Mom)!!
He does have his cell phone, but I would strongly urge people to not call it - That's just my personal opinion though. I don't think he needs to be bothered anymore than he already is simply by the nursing staff...??


Would also like to add, that before anyone says anything to him about life changes, etc, that we might should wait until he is not so disoriented. He is still VERY confused and it might aggitate him if he starts dwelling on "things". Want that heart and breathing to get all the rest and relaxation they can.
ReplyDeleteJudy