Well, I spoke to Dad early this afternoon & mom talked to the nurses late this morning. He is having trouble eating - Mostly because he cannot control his right arm very easily, so according to him he is "wearing his food". He was drinking some Ensure when I called, and a physical therapist was supposed to bring some weights back up to the room to work with his right arm - Although it doesn't seem like physical therapy is working with him as much as it sounds like he needs. He is still weak walking, and his right arm is an issue... Which are obvious concerns for his discharge. He seemed okay mentally... Just frustrated & wanting out of the hospital. He thinks they may discharge him on Sunday, which would only be great since I'll be there to help. We are trying to contact the social worker again about extended care facilities. And I put the "rehab" bug in his ear on our phone conversation, but plan to explore that further in person. He said that he MUST get back to his house to clear his head before he will cooperate with any further plans - He will NOT go from one facility directly to another. I am okay with that as long as it's a limited amount of time (24-48 hours), and if I am there to look after him & moniter his health/actions, etc. I looks like there is a chance that Jesse & I may play a little "Nurse" this weekend...
I'm sorry that this update is a bit short & sweet... My workday is CRAZY with a looney-toon bride & groom on their way up for their reception, and trying to get all my ducks in a row to leave tomorrow!! Can't wait to see everyone!! I must admit, I'm a bit overwhelmed today...
Love, Hallie
Friday, February 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment