Monday, February 2, 2009

No Mas ICU

Looking a Little Better!!
(Photo Courtesy of Kate Oatman - 2/2 Visit)

They have set him free!  From the ICU, that is... Dad is now in room 571 in the 5-West section of the hospital (the same way you got to the 1st ICU, but keep going down the hall past the waiting room).  I'm still trying to figure out the phone situation... He does have a phone in his room now, but knowing Dad he would be VERY angry if it rang all the time, ha... He also now has possession of his cell phone, I believe... So I was going to wait until I talked to him again to see if he wants people to call either his cell phone and/or his room.  Stay tuned on that.

His throat muscles are still acting up (ahem, not acting at all) - They were supposed to do another Barium Swallow Test on his today, but the Speech Therapist wanted 2 more days of the electrode/stimulating therapy... I think he was able to have just a few ice chips this morning.

Other than that... His disorientation seems the same, if not a tiny bit better.  And I believe he is walking around with the assistance of a walker... However, I'm only hearing this from visitors, as opposed to when I ask his nurses (they say he just moves from bed to chair & back), so perhaps all this walking is during his "escapes"... Who knows... :)

Not much else to report... I'm a little nervous that he is out of the ICU - Mainly worrying if his heart were to act up again... And also that he seems to be a bit of a rebel, or pain in the ass with regards to listening to the nurses' requests... Ha!  I'm hoping to talk to a doctor soon about "what's next" - And how long we should expect his stay to be from here!  

Love y'all & can't wait to see some of you this weekend!!  Hals

2 comments:

  1. Welcome Back Billy!

    The "eyes" have it! Looks like Billy's twinkle is back (those nurses and doctors are about to see (and hear) the REAL Billy!)... and ... is that ALMOST a smile in that picture????

    Sounds like steady improvements ...
    Prayers are answered!

    Safe travels this weekend Hals...
    Peace and love,
    c

    ReplyDelete
  2. he had a few ice chips while I was there which the speech therapist gave him. As for the face in the picture, that's as close to a smile as he would give me (that being after he made faces at the camera initially) :-)

    ReplyDelete